Salicylic Acid also known as Beta Hydroxy Acid(BHA) is one of the top ingredients which is proven for it’s fighting benefits. The reason that it has the ability to slip right into your pores and get rid of the oil dirt and excess sebum is because of its oil soluble molecular structure . Though this quality works wonder for oily and acne prone skin but can also cause irritation and redness for those who have dry and sensitive skin. But lately we found a serum which has the best of both worlds – Flashfix Salicylic Acne Treatment Serum by conscious Chemist.
The Serum will not only help to unclog and clear your acne, blackheads and dead skin cells but will also repair and soothe the effected skin area. The Flashfix serum is a fine blend of 1.5 % plant derived salicylic acid i.e Salix Alba , encapsulated Salicylic acid along with 4 % lactic acid & Allantoin which work for acne management and skin recovery.
Why Is Flashfix Serum Beneficial ?
The issue with a lot of products which are made for treating acne is that they have a post-usage setback resulting in peeling of skin and extreme dryness. The best way to deal with acne, purging , blackheads is not by using high concentrated products but to create a balance between what can tackle the concern without ruining the skin barrier. This is why Flashfix Serum can be a new addition to your skincare vanity because it targets acne, blemishes, sebum control, inflammation and alongside helps to maintain the skin barrier, hydrates the skin and will also lighten the post-inflammatory spots.
Ingredients Breakdown & What they do
The non-comedogenic & fragrance free formula is enriched with highly impressive and unique ingredients which should catch your attention too. The components and their respective benefits are as follow :
- LACTIC ACID – It helps to kill bacteria, reduces acne lesion and increases cell turnover. Apart from all that, Lactic Acid can keep your skin hydrated and supple thereby maintaining the pH of your skin
- TARAKTOGENOS KURZII SEED OIL– Also known as Chaulmoogra Oil, It is classified as an emollient. This unique ingredient comes from the cold pressed dried seeds of Taraktogenos kurzii. The oil is basically used in ayurveda for a long time for its moisturising and nourishing properties.
- NIGELLA SATIVA SEED OIL – The Oil is popular for it’s antimicrobial properties and also helps in reducing skin inflammation and growth of acne.
- LEPTOSPERMUM SCOPARIUM BRANCH/ LEAF OIL– This one is again anti-microbial and reduces inflammation. It also acts as an antioxidant by protecting the skin from sun damage caused by harmful UR rays.
- SALIX ALBA/WILLOWBARK – Primarily acts as a mild exfoliant which can reduce the reoccurrence of acne and reduces the production of excess sebum. The ingredient also helps with fine line and wrinkles resulting in more radiant and healthy looking skin.
- SALICYLIC ACID – Clear sebum within pores, treats acne, blackhead and stimulates collagen production.
- ALLANTONIN– Extracted from the root of Comfrey Plant, the main benefit of Allantoin is to stimulate growth of new skin cells by soothing and protecting the epidermis. Though Allantoin works to hydrate the skin, presence of Panthenol( type of Vitamin) in it helps to smooth out the skin especially acne scars.
Potassium Lauroyl Wheat Amino Acid, Palm Glycerides, Capryloyl Glycine, Magnolia Gradiflora Bark Extract, Bisabalol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Zinc PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phytic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Xantham Gum are some of the other ingredients present in the FLASHFIX SERUM which together contribute to giving you a clearer and even looking skin.
Texture & Smell
The Formula is fragrance free which makes it an ideal serum for those who are allergic to synthetic fragrances . Also the consistency of serum is neither too thick nor too thin and is milky looking in appearance.
It glides onto the skin rather perfectly and is absorbed in seconds. Because of it’s composition it might feel a bit sticky after application but not on the greasy or heavy side and must be followed with a good quality moisturiser.
Usage, Application & Conclusion
The Flashfix Serum should be used after properly cleansing your skin. If you use toner then apply it before the application of serum. Those who are new to including Acids/ Chemical Exfoliant in your skincare routine should start by using it at night time and do not exceed it’s usage more than 2 times a week.
You can increase it upto 3-4 times in a week gradually and can also apply it during the day time but do not forget your sunscreen afterwards when using the serum as a part of your morning skincare routine.
Rather than gliding it on like a lotion or moisturiser, pat the Flashfix Serum gently onto your skin so that it is less wasted and more absorbed for maximum results. Also do not forget to bring it down to your neck by using upward-motion application.
On the day you you wish to apply some other serum like HA, Niacin, Vitamic C then use Flashfix Serum as a spot treatment on your specific concerned areas only.
We hope that you guys will love this beauty by Conscious Chemist as much as we did. Below is a link you can use to purchase and your skin will surely be thankful afterwards.