After visiting the beautiful Rose Café one thing that totally impressed us was their beetroot risotto. The pink color from beetroot and it’s earthy flavor added a whole new depth to it’s taste and presentation. Though any risotto recipe requires a good amount of cheese that’s why we wanted to recreate a much healthier option for you all without compromising with the flavor.
Beetroot is a great source of mineral such as folate, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C. It also provides strength and increases metabolism that’s why you must have seen people drinking beet juice prior to their workout.
This beetroot pasta recipe can not only be a comfort food but also a great option to present it for your guests at house parties. The vibrant fuscia color will draw everyone’s attention and it’s savoury and spicy sauce will make everyone ask for more,
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 30 min
– 2 cups pasta
– 1/2 beetroot (use the remaining to
make fresh juice)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1finely choopped onion
– 3 chopped garlic cloves
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
– 1 small bay leaf
– 1/2 cup feta cheese(optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and coarsely chopped beetroot so that both can cook together and beetroot will soften for further steps. Follow the time and instruction given on the pasta packet.
- Meanwhile in a separate saucepan drizzle olive oil and add onion, garlic, tomato and bay leaf. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Take out beetroot from pot and place it in the sauce pan. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Blend the whole mix with a blender. Add a cup of water while doing so to get a puree kind of consistency
- Drain out your cooked pasta and add it in the sauce pan. Season the sauce with oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper according to your taste and let it sit for another two minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, take it out in a bowl and top it with hand crushed feta cheese and ENJOY.
DO TRY THIS EASY RECIPE AND ENJOY