A healthy breakfast is essential for starting the day off right. The meal is often described as the most important meal of the day. Many people rush through their morning routines and avoid having breakfast. They usually skip out on essential nutrients and benefits that can improve their day. Here are the reasons to eat a healthy breakfast
- Improve Your performance- Your body becomes dehydrated after sleeping all night. When you eat healthy breakfast it reenergize your body and gives essential nutrients to perform.
- Benefit your skin – Fruits, vegetables etc. are essential to a nutritious breakfast. Theses ingredients are packed with vitamin A and D . They also contain the essential nutrients, lutein, which helps maintain healthy skin.
- Weight gain prevention- Don’t skip breakfast to avoid calories. Eating a healthy morning meal helps prevent further weight gain . Breakfast also provides you with the essential nutrients that can be stored into energy so you can feel productive for the rest of the day.
Eating a healthy breakfast of essential nutrients can help you improve your overall health, well-being, energy to start your day off right.
Poha is the most popular Maharashtra dish. It is made with fattened and beaten rice. There are various health benefits of eating poha.
- Controls Blood Sugar Level- It is considered a good meal for diabetics. Being rich in fibre, it promotes a slow and steady release of Sugar into the blood stream, thereby preventing any sudden spikes in Blood Sugar Levels.
- Low in Calories- Poha is quite low in calories, along with a number of essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants too due to presence of curry leaves. You can make your poha more healthier and more nutritious by cooking it in olive oil or coconut oil.
- A good source of healthy carbohydrates- It’s a great breakfast food as the healthy carbs provide energy to the body to carry out it’s daily functions.
- Easily Digestible- Poha is so light on stomach and can be easily digested. This will never cause bloating and will also keep you full for longer.
Make sure you put good amount of different vegetables and nuts in it to make it more nutrient dense.
Idli is a steamed cake made from fermented rice and lentil batter originating from southern India. Idli also contain various health benefits.
- Light and Easy to Digest- The reason why Idli’s are one of the most preferred breakfasts is because it is light and fills you with energy. Since Idli is fermented, it is easy to digest. Eating fermented food enables better breakdown of minerals and vitamins in our body, which helps in digestion.
- Rich in Vitamins- Idli is fermented food and fermentation increases bio-availability of minerals and vitamins in food. The fermented process increases the availability of nutrients like folic acid, biotin and vitamin K as well as some antibiotic.
- Good Source of Protein, fibre and controls carbs- The abundant fibre content present in idli helps in smooth digestion and weight loss. Steamed idli burns fat and also prevents carbs from depositing in the body.
- Low in Calories and Contains Iron- Generally, idli is steamed and the calorie intake is also relatively low. The use of lentils in idli makes it a dish rich in iron.
- Good source of Calcium- Calcium provides stronger bones and teeth, may also help burn fat. Calcium provides small increase in thermogenesis , the body’s core temperature. This may boost metabolism and promote fat burning.
- High in Protein- Paneer is rich in protein. It has well- established that Protein plays a crucial role in weight loss. In addition to being a protein-dense food, other than iron almost all essential minerals like calcium, magnesium are present in cottage cheese. The best part of cottage cheese is that you can have it raw, which can help you save many calories.
- Source of good fats- Paneer is a source of good fats. Good fats are essential. Weight loss has a lot to do with wise choices. Eating fats, in controlled portions could go a long way in weight loss process. Your body will eventually learn to burn fat, instead of energy, further inducing weight loss.
You can add it in various forms like sandwich, besan chilla, scrambled way etc
GREEK SALAD SANDWICH
Greek Salad Sandwich is a combo of cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, greens and yogurt. The inclusion of these additional ingredients is a healthy way to punch up the nutrition of your sandwich by adding key vitamins and minerals to your sandwich.
- Low calorie and Nutrient dense food- Greek salad sandwich is made up of the leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. These are low calorie and high in nutrients to include in your daily diet. Salad greens provide you with a healthy dose of vitamins A and C as well as potassium and iron, also contains phytonutrients and antioxidants, which are beneficial compounds that help protect your health, as well as keep you full for longer.
- Olives- Greek salad sandwich contains black olives , which is a healthy source of unsaturated fat. A diet that includes healthy unsaturated fats might help reduce your risk of heart disease. Olives provides calcium, fiber, sodium and Vitamin A . Eating olives on regular basis might help neutralize free radicals.
FRUIT, YOGURT WITH HONEY
Fresh fruit salad and creamy skinny healthy 3 ingredients, honey and yogurt. It’s all natural and no sugar. And also easy to prepare and eat.
- Great source of Protein and Carbohydrates- Yogurt is packed with protein and honey has a high content of glucose . People who workout need both to keep them going as both are necessary for endurance and muscle recovery.
- Source of Probiotics- This recipe is a good source of probiotics. Both are basically bacteria and yeasts that aid in digestion and keeps your gut healthy . They’re also called “good bacteria”.
- Improve body Immunity- Yogurt and honey helps your body avoid virus and bacteria attacks, as it contains many vitamins and minerals. It also helps in increa The immune system.
- Help keep your bones healthy and strong- The content of calcium, vitamin D that exist in fruit, honey and yogurt is beneficial to keep bones strong and healthy.